Monday, May 17, 2010

In Retrospect

I was talking to someone yesterday about the difference between having 1 and 2 kids and it got me thinking and laughing about a lot of things. I can’t believe I thought there were difficult parts of having a baby! Abby is the easy one, having a baby is easy. What’s hard is having a toddler running around and not being able to nap “whenever the baby naps.”  Until Kate was a couple months old we only went for the first hour of church. It wasn’t until she was about 3 months that we stayed for the whole thing. Again, what??? It’s easy to have Abby at church for the whole time, she’s nothing compared to having a toddler who has yet to master the art of whispering…

On a side note, when Abby was first born and we all stayed home from church for a couple of weeks Kate was literally begging to go. It was so cute, she kept saying “Kate church, please!”

I don’t think we took Kate to a restaurant until she was like 3 months old. I’m not sure why because it’s so easy to bring a baby out to eat. They just lay there and look around. I told Jason if we have another baby then we can just laugh at all the things we thought were hard with 2 kids.

I should add that having 2 kids is a lot easier than I imagined. I think it’s because towards the end of my pregnancy I got all panicky and thought it was going to be impossible. That’s my advice to all first times moms: imagine how difficult it will be so then you’ll be pleasantly surprised when it’s not as hard :) Though 3plus years of no caffeine does make for some very tired mornings!

2 comments:

  1. Keep the updates coming! I've been reading your blog since last night. The reason two kids aren't as hard is because your such a good mom! You have so much patience. I love the Mothers Day pictures of Helen. we'll have to go there someday. You look fantastic! It's hard to believe you have a newborn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kelly, but it's definitely hard having two little ones, it's just not nearly as streesful. I think I just overly stressed when Kate was a newborn, especially about naps and nursing. I'm loving it though, I must be crazy :)

    ReplyDelete