Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Kindergarten

I still cannot believe Katherine started Kindergarten! I was very nervous for her but it didn't faze her at all. She has to wake up insanely early, which means I have to wake up insanely early... School starts at 7:40 but we leave around 7:15. If you get there later the carpool line is very long, plus she gets to play in her room when she's early. The first week of school she woke up on her own because she was so excited. Now that it's not so new I have to wake her every morning and she is very tired, poor thing. We put her to bed earlier but she's always needed a lot of sleep.
  • Kate has been going to school for 3 months now and is a pro at the whole school thing. She really enjoys it, even though they have A LOT to learn. It's crazy what kindergarteners are learning. It's fun seeing how much she has learned in only 3 months though.
  • She really wanted to ride the bus, but I am not ready for that, so we compromised and she is allowed to ride the bus home on Monday afternoons only. I was so nervous the first day she rode the bus!
  • Parents are allowed to eat lunch with their kids so I've been about 3 times and Jason's been once or twice. I also get to read a book to her class occasionally.
I'm so proud of Kate. She has been working hard and trying new things and is doing very well at school! 




For the first 2 weeks of school she wore this bandana everyday. It lets teachers know she is in kindergarten and it had her teacher's name on it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment