Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Disney World/Halloween

Day 1: Arrival

This year was my turn to pick a trip for Jason and I. We've done a few hiking trips in the US and I really wanted to go to Switzerland or Prague or Scotland or Ireland... However, when it came down to it, and the year we'd had, I just wanted to do a family trip. Something for the kids. DISNEYWORLD! It was a lot of planning on my part, but everything turned out perfectly. We drove down to Laura's Friday then Sunday morning we left for Disney World.

Our hotel was amazing! We stayed at the Art of Animation in the Nemo suite. The details and decorations and overall atmosphere was wonderful. My Mom flew down Tuesday to help with Liam.  I really don't think we could have fully enjoyed our trip without her help. Liam still needed naps and breaks and wants to run around and climb out of rides :) I could have left him home with mine or Jason's parents but I wanted our whole family to be together. I think Liam really enjoyed the trip so I'm glad he was there. I know the girls LOVED the entire week, It was so fun simply watching them enjoy the moment. I didn't want to go when it was crowded so I took Kate out of school for a week and we went Halloween week. It was empty! We rarely had to wait for any rides and it was easy to maneuver around. We literally walked on to multiple rides the whole week. I was nervous about having Kate miss a week of school, since they're a little psycho around here about that, however her teacher told us it was fine at to have fun.

The first day we played in our room then walked around the hotel grounds. I loved this place!






Our view from the bedroom and the rest of the suite.

No comments:

Post a Comment