Sunday, April 19, 2009

Easter in TN

Jason told me he needed a weekend to install a sprinkler system at our house. This was a perfect opportunity for me to go with my parents to TN, especially since we’re not going for Christmas this year. The drive is 5 hours each way and I was fairly impressed with how Kate handled the ride. It’s definitely a long drive but we made it with lots of new toys and snacks. We did barely miss tornadoes driving there, one was right behind us and one was right in front of us. Luckily my Dad was driving and not me! Every year my relatives do lunch then an Easter egg hunt. Everything becomes a lot more fun when you have a child who can participate in the activities. Last Easter Kate was so small but this year she could attempt to hunt for eggs. We had a great time and Jason was able to finish installing the sprinkler system (with some serious help from Ty) He even added fancy little features, so our small garden now has it's very own dripper irrigation system which means we don't have to stand out there forever with the hose. However the cable was cut during the process and I ended up going 5 days without internet!

Our little Chef. My aunt had a play kitchen and tool set that Kate loved playing with

This picture would be perfect if only Jason was in it. We missed him!


All the little kids lined up before the Easter egg hunt and Kate got right in line with them





Everyone who knows me says she looks like my Dad and everyone who knows Jason says she looks like him. No one says she looks like me!


My Mom was too busy helping Kate hunt for a posed picture


Me trying to teach Kate to put the eggs in her basket instead of just shaking and opening them



She got the hang of it, though this was her 3rd egg hunt (1st with church play group then in Columbus)


I absolutely love those cheeks :)


Coming home

5 comments:

  1. Cute pictures! It looks like you guys had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is gorgeous! As are you! I can't believe how big she is now. Your parents look great to! Love all the pictures

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kate wears the prettiest dresses. Little girl clothes are so cute! She looks very angelic in all the pictures especially where she's asleep.

    Did I already tell you I love the picture with the bunny?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know! Her closet is full of dresses and they're all so pretty. I love girl clothes. It's funny b/c before she was born I wasn't going to buy any pink stuff and now I have a ton for her!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I must say, 5 days without internet is torture, but kudos to Jason for being an engineer and being able to install a sprinkler/irrigation system himself! Impressive.

    I LOVE it that you guys have a garden! I really really want to have a little green space to call my own and grown things. :( I'm going to grow a potted garden on our balcony this summer in Chicago--hopefully it turns out. I don't even know if it gets enough sun, but I want to plant lettuce, herbs, tomatoes, string beans...anything I can get to climb up a trellis! Wish me luck!

    Also, with the economy and all, if you ever needed some extra cash to abandon your home and move to the mother-country: England, you could always clone Kate and her Gerber-Baby cuteness--I know, I know, I'm sure your mouth is agape with utter disgust at the thought of it, but think of all those greenbacks...lol. Sorry, lil Kate, I'm just kidding. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete