Thursday, November 5, 2009

A Little Too Helpful

I realize this makes me sound like a serious complainer but it’s been annoying me for awhile now. I grocery shop mainly at Kroger and sometimes Publix. I love them both.  When I go to check out I put my items on the conveyer belt in a certain order.  Cold items together, pantry items together, squashable items together, bath items together…. This way they’re bagged in that order too.  However, lately every time I walk up to the line an associate hurries over to unload my groceries. Nice right? Well they never do it right! They put eggs next to bread and milk next to toothpaste…  I’ll even try to shoo them away by saying “Oh I can get it.” It doesn’t work, they insist. And then I feel bad and can’t start rearranging their hard work while they’re still standing there. I’m afraid it would insult them, so I’m stuck with a bunch of groceries that are all bagged incorrectly.  Thank you Kroger/Publix for being so helpful but please lay off a little!

4 comments:

  1. so happy to know there are other OCD grocery shoppers out there who unload stuff so it can easily be loaded up properly. I too have had this problem...still don't have a great way to avoid it. I have found if I put stuff in the cart in groups sort of it helps. just wait, as you get to showing more they'll want to "help" you EVEN MORE! Aren't you excited?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should be allowed to request how they 'help' you. Your system is AWESOME!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha, that's awesome. i do the same thing! i have never once had an employee help unload my cart. that must be a southern thing. there such a thing as being too helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also don't like it when the Publix baggers try to pressure me into letting them push my cart out to the car. It just leads to awkward small talk which I can't stand.

    ReplyDelete