Monday, April 19, 2010

Date Nights Have Changed

The past two dates Jason and I have been on were not at night but during the afternoon. It’s funny how dates change when you have a baby. No more nights of super long dinners with a movie or a trip to Barnes and Noble after. Instead we have a quick lunch and head to Home Depot to buy some flowers or Publix to get groceries, since it’s much easier when you don’t have two kids! The whole outing is planned carefully around feedings. We have to leave immediately after Abby eats then be sure to be back in exactly 2-2.5 hrs. What’s funny to me is that a trip to the store is considered part of our date and we actually like it! Eventually we’ll move back to real Date Nights but that wont be for a while. For now we’ll enjoy our exciting trips to the store with just the 2 of us. I guess that’s really what’s important; time away just Jason and me talking and laughing being husband and wife not just parents.

~Jason and I got a nice little surprise when we decided to try out this new restaurant, wink wink, nudge nudge ;) I feel like I should have been warned!

On another note we had both kids out late last night and they did so good. Kate went to sleep in someone else’s crib and Abby was fine in her car seat with an occasional swing session by Jason. She was only fussy for some of the evening when usually she is fussy the entire evening! It was our first time taking both kids out and I wasn’t sure how it would go, hopefully we can get into the swing of of this whole having 2 kids thing. We need to take advantage of the time now when they’re both so young that we can do things like that!

3 comments:

  1. I wanna hear about this restaurant! I feel couple time is very important too. I never want to be that couple who has nothing to talk about except their kids. Wish we could double!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been meaning to ask for an update on baby Abby. When you have time send me an email about how parenting of two is going!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Message sent! Yah, I'm fast :) And you pretty much said exactly how I feel. I never even thought much about it until we spent 5 days hiking completely alone and I realized that even though we talked about Kate it was only occasionaly and ever since then I've decided that I don't want that to change, so I'm all about Date Nights! I wish we could double too! Um, okay now I've written you 2 messages :)

    ReplyDelete