Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The Evil Pacifier

I had a really hard time nursing Kate. She wasn’t a fan and it was a lot of work and quite painful.  Abby was much better and not wanting to mess up how good she was I didn’t want to give her a pacifier right away. They say to wait awhile but my goal was only 2 weeks. I couldn’t wait for that day because Abby is always trying to suck on her fingers and just really seemed like she needed a pacifier. Plus, I couldn’t wait for an instant way to calm her down.  Two weeks came and I excitedly gave her the pacifier. It didn’t work! She barely liked the thing and would spit it out and it definitely didn’t stop her from crying. Kate has a pacifier in her bed for when she sleeps so I wanted Abby to have a different kind to not confuse Kate. I bought 3-4 different kinds of pacifiers for Abby. She didn’t like any of them. Jason sanitized one of Kate's and gave it to her and of course she liked it! So now I have a pacifier that’s the same as Kate's and the thing still doesn’t do the wonders I was hoping for. At least she’s still a semi awesome nurser!

~ I have high hopes that she’ll still take to the pacifier. I mean the poor thing can’t figure out how to suck her fingers and it’s just so sad to watch her try and try…

2 comments:

  1. Emily, I've never heard to wait to give them a paci. Great advice. I'll remember that in a few months. I need to add you to my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Meghan! I have to add you too! I was able to nurse Kate until she was 1 but the first few months were sooo hard! Looking back I would have done some things differently. Hopefully you're one of the lucky ones whos babies are just naturally good nursers, I wasn't so lucky :) If you want any details I can definitely share!

    ReplyDelete