Monday, December 13, 2010

A Gingerbread Masterpiece

My very talented friend Melissa showed us how to make a completely edible gingerbread house from scratch. Again, EVERYTHING was made from scratch and EVERYTHING is edible! The dough was made, rolled out, then the pieces of the house were cut out. The house was attached with caramelized sugar, which also was used to make the windows. The decorations were attached with homemade icing (made by Melissa).

This is my new favorite tradition. It was so fun hanging out together and I loved decorating the house. I think I ate  more candy than made it onto the house Smile Melissa not only shared her talents but helped keep our kids from going crazy while we decorated.

TA-DA

DSC_0013

DSC_0053

DSC_0048

My Wreath

DSC_0025

DSC_0043

Completed house with Santa and his elves on the roof

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that is seriously amazing. It puts our gingerbread house to shame, that's for sure.

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete