Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Halloween

This was the first year Kate picked out her costume by herself. Awhile ago my parents took her to pick out a treat after getting her 4 year immunizations (the 4 yr old ones are pretty intense) and she picked out a snow white costume. She still wanted to be snow white when Halloween came around so that was easy. I originally planned for Abby to wear an old costume of Kate's but then I saw the cutest costume ever at TJ Max. I was right too when I saw her in it. I'm pretty obsessed with how cute my little candy corn witch was. Liam was a pumpkin, a super adorable pumpkin.

Halloween, unfortunately, was during my sick week. I got myself dressed, sucked it up, and made it to Kate's preschool parade and trick-or-treating with the kids. Keeping it as normal as possible for the kids! Jason's Mom was in town helping and my sister was in town so we all went over to my parents. I rode in a golf cart :) with my Mom while Jennifer and my Dad walked the girls up to the doors and MeeMaw strolled Liam. Abby ran straight into the first house we trick-or-treated at, not surprising considering how friendly she is to complete strangers! We also had to explain to Kate that raisins are indeed a treat :)

The weekend after was our church Fall Festival. Kate had a birthday party earlier in the day that I RSVP yes too without realizing I probably wouldn't be up for it but we made it and she had a blast.  I actually went to the Fall Festival for a couple of hours too! MeeMaw came and helped watch Liam, then when I got too sick she stayed with Jason and the girls and I brought Liam home. It was a lot of fun. They had games, bouncy houses, food, movie, and of course the trunk or treat.

The kids had fun and with a lot of help from Jason's Mom and my parents chemo didn't ruin Halloween after all :)







1 comment:

  1. Sooooooo cute! I may have to get Julia a candy corn witch outfit next year. Glad to hear you were able to make some of the festivities. You know, you can always come visit us and ride a golf cart anytime. ;)

    ReplyDelete