Saturday, November 17, 2012

Stone Mountain

The day after round 2 of chemo we met Laura, Andy, and their kids at Stone Mountain. They were camping there for the weekend but we just went for the day. I didn't realize we were only 30 minutes away. I've always thought it was a lot farther away. It was such a nice day. We met at the campgrounds to eat lunch then rode the train, walked around, rode the skylift, hung out on top of the mountain, played in a sandbox, watched a 4D movie, then went back to the campgrounds where the kids played together. Amazingly, all 7 kids were accounted for at all times and no serious injuries occurred, even with them running around on a mountain. Kate and Drew loved the movie. It was too cute listening to them laugh. Abby tried to like it but by the end I had to block the water from spraying her. I got quite wet. Our kids get along together really well. I guess the whole boy/girl thing doesn't matter. I felt good for most of the day but definitely started to feel sick by the end. (Round 2 seemed to be better but my sickness lasted longer. Fluids definitely help so I may go back more than once next time. We'll see how #3 goes).







No comments:

Post a Comment