Sunday, March 10, 2013

It's Christmas Time!

I couldn't have timed my chemo better for Christmas. I felt great all week, besides being a little tired. Kate is truly my child and has the same love for Christmas that I do. She was so excited when I started decorating and decided to decorate the girl's entire little tree by herself. Abby danced around to Christmas music while we worked :) The girl's really enjoyed all the Christmas movies and books we pulled out. I'm so glad they feel the same magic that I do during this holiday. They loved playing with the kid nativities too. We currently are missing most of the pieces but that's just because they were playing with them all over the house. We spent a couple of nights driving around looking at lights. Maybe another year we'll do a real light show, such as Lake Lanier, but neighborhoods and Hospital Parkway are more than enough for them now.

Santa did a lot of shopping online which was nice for me and helped cut down on the stress of being able to get out.

The weekend before my parent's friends did a gingerbread decorating party for the kids. They had the cutest houses pre made for the kids to decorate. Then they played with toys. Then Santa came! Kate only got close enough to get her snow globe, her favorite things in the world. Abby sat on his lap and told him all about her baby gift she was going to get. She didn't quite understand why he didn't give her a baby right there though. Kate, too smart for her own good, questioned why Santa asked her name since he should already know that....




No comments:

Post a Comment