Sunday, January 25, 2009

My First Birthday!

Happy Birthday to Me!!!

I turned 1 and had the best birthday ever! Puppy dogs are my favorite so Mommy decorated the house with dogs that Grandma and Granddad had saved all these years. I even got a shaggy dog cake! When people first came over I was a little nervous but as soon as I saw David and Johnson I knew everything would be okay. I opened lots of presents but mainly played with the toys that weren’t mine.


The best part of the party was when it was cake time. I didn’t understand why everyone was standing around me. As much as I love attention this was almost too much attention. I don’t eat sugary foods so this was a whole new experience for me. After Mommy got me to try the icing and I was sure it was okay to eat I dug in. It was so good I had to smear it all over my face and hair and dress. Everyone should have their very own cake on their birthday!









Mommy was a little sad that I turned 1, which is odd because being 1 is so much better than being a baby. I can run and giggle, and play patty cake and peek-a-boo, and be chased, and ride on toys, and feed myself, and say Mama and Dada, and look through books, and play ball…. Why would she want me to be a tiny baby?

Birthday parties are so much fun that I've decided I'm going to have one every year!







I also got to spend the entire weekend with MeeMaw and PawPaw. Thanks for visiting me!


She loves going fast on her princess car! We absolutely love when she laughs :)

4 comments:

  1. Hey Emily,
    It's Tiffany (Laura's old roommate). I wanted to tell you I think your little girl is just precious. I know you are enjoying her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's 1 year old! Katherine looks gorgeous in her birthday pictures! Congratulations on raising a perfect 1 year old =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I just love the cake pictures. Priceless! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, it looks like you guys had so much fun! She is just so cute. Happy 1st Birthday! You guys up for a trip to Peachtree City one of these Saturdays?

    ReplyDelete