Monday, October 5, 2009

Day 5 Yellowstone

P1020588

Our last day we left the Tetons and went to Yellowstone.  We were spoiled by being practically the only people hiking around the Tetons so it took us back a little by how crowded Yellowstone was, and this wasn’t even during the peak season! We only saw the southern half of the park and what we saw was definitely pretty.

P1020585

My favorite was the canyons.

 P1020544

  Jason’s favorite was West Thumb, the geysers. 

P1020551

The geysers were boiling hot and crystal clear, going down farther than you could see.

P1020572

The waterfalls were really pretty too. 

P1020643

Neither of us get the fascination with Old Faithful.  It was okay, nothing spectacular.  I figured the last day would be a good one to try and get some pregnant pictures.  

P1020571

We spent the entire day there, saw some more Bison and then headed back to get ready for our flight the next day.    We would like to come back and spend some more time in Yellowstone some day.  You just can’t even scratch the surface of everything there in 1 day.

P1020596

I couldn’t wait to get home and hug and kiss Kate.  I’m so thankful I was able to leave her with my parents. It’s nice leaving her with people you know love her and will keep her safe. 

P1020612

This was the best trip ever (besides Cozumel).  Everything was better than we planned and was just so beautiful. I don’t know if we’ll ever go back since we kind of like to go to new places but I highly recommend you go.  And you must go in September, the weather was amazing and it never rained.

1 comment:

  1. I loved the bison!They were so funny...just sat in the middle of the road because they knew no one would bother them to move, like an "I'm bigger than you" game. We also had a family of bears parade across the road while we were there too. Its like a theme park, but those geysers are so scary. Even though you're not really allowed to get near them, they still freaked me out because I'd hear stories about people falling in...still scares me! The pics are gorgeous! I love the one with the rainbow in the canyon—lovely. You guys are so awesome and adventurous...so jealous!

    ReplyDelete