Thursday, September 23, 2010

One Fine Day

Every once in awhile we have a perfect morning/afternoon/day. Today we had a very simple yet perfect morning. It wasn’t hot out (finally) so Kate, Abby, and I went to the playground. Abby and Kate both love the swings so I put Abby in the baby swing and Kate on the big swing. I took turns pushing them while they both just laughed out loud. Seriously, hearing both of your children laughing/giggling at the same time has to be the best thing ever! Then we had a picnic which Kate loved. I left Abby on the blanket with a couple of toys while Kate and I played on the playground. Abby’s been sitting for about a month but within the past couple of weeks she not only sits but grabs different toys within her reach without falling over. I forgot how great this stage is for entertaining herself. She played contently on the blanket (which is rare since she’s NEVER alone, so not usually a big fan of being left). What made the morning so nice was that everyone was happy and laughing and there was no crying or whining or disobeying or breaking of objects. Simple yet perfect :)

Oh, and at 6months 1week Abby weighs almost 17lbs4ozs. I need to take a picture of just her thighs or her cheeks because they are soooo cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment