Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Never take a hungry toddler to the store and watch out for the puppy

After Kate woke up from her nap, I fed Abby and then took them to the store without giving Kate a snack. We were in the produce section when I see her pick up 2 plums and take a bite out of them. I tell her no then turn around to get a bag for the plums when she sneaks an apple and takes a big bite. She lost her walking privilege and was put into the cart while I got another bag so I could buy all the half eaten fruit. I did feel a little bad when I got in the car and saw it was almost dinner time and she never even had a snack. She was just hungry! I know the feeling since I always buy way too much junk food when I go to the store hungry, apparently this advice also applies to 2 year olds.

Kate has a pretend puppy. (I know I’m an awful Mom for not getting her one, but a pretend one is good enough. Someday, we will get a dog but it will be when our kids are older). She whistles for him to come and feeds him and we even have to kiss him goodnight. It’s so cute when she asks for her puppy and then “finds” him. She can also take a simple stick and make it a baby/Daddy/Mommy/gun/food/phone/juice… I love her imagination. This is such a fun stage. I love how she’s so excited to see us and calls us “my daddy” and “my mommy.”

She’s growing up so fast but I’m enjoying each new stage we hit. Minus the occasional tantrums, could do without those.

~the reason she whistles for the dog is because Jason would whistle to get her attention so now when she wants our attention she does her pretend whistle. I know I need to stop it but every time I can’t help but laugh.

1 comment:

  1. This is absolutely HILARIOUS!!! Imaginary puppies...I never had an imaginary anything as a kid, but Kyle had not one but TWO imaginary friends...that were also friends. Too funny.

    ReplyDelete