Monday, March 5, 2012

Full Term!

I am officially 38 weeks pregnant. I can’t believe how close we are to my due date! I still have things I want to get done but for the most part I’m ready for baby boy. At 37 weeks I had to go in for an ultrasound (stomach measured small and they wanted to make sure it was his position and not fluid or anything). I was 37 weeks 2 days and I measured 37 weeks 1 day, so right on schedule. Everything looked perfect with baby and they estimated him to weigh 6lbs 11ozs. Hopefully, that doesn’t mean he’ll be a large baby! However, his heart rate was a little low. He responded great but when resting his heart rate would drop. After an appointment, eating, couple of non stress tests, almost 3 hours later his resting heart rate finally steadied at 120-130 and I could finally go home. So glad everything was okay! I only had one moment of panic. Laying there in the room by myself, doing the test and staring at the monitor and his heart rate not going up; I realized that I was full term and if there was a complication they would deliver this baby. I’m so glad he is healthy and didn’t have to come that early. I went home though and set up the pack-n-play in our room and washed some clothes and started to pack my hospital bag. While I don’t think he’ll come early it was definitely a wake up call for me.

Kate had a Doctors appointment today and I was surprised to find out that her arm healed enough to take the cast off. She has a splint to wear when she’s playing for the next 3(!) months. Luckily, she doesn’t have to wear it when sleeping or bathing. I’m glad she was able to get it off before the baby came.

DSC_1413e1

DSC_1417e

Pictures from when I was 37 weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment