Friday, September 14, 2012

What I'm Grateful For and Not So Much

Why I'm Grateful
  • I have an amazing support system of family, friends, and church
  • Many people are praying for me
  • I have a strong marriage
  • We are done having kids and that we had our kids when we were young
  • I was able to nurse Liam for 5 months
  • Jason has an incredible job which will allow him to work from home and make his own hours
  • I live near my parents
  • My Doctor didn't dismiss it as a milk duct or fibroadenoma, which she was convinced it was and every sign pointed to.
  • We live in Atlanta near the best doctors
  • I have a strong testimony in God and Jesus Christ, and can do anything through my faith in God!

Not So Much...
  • I have aggressive cancer, duh, even though I'm the epitome of being low risk...
  • I had to stop nursing Liam
  • I have to go through chemo, surgery, radiation. I'm scared, mainly of the unknown.

Why I'm MOST Grateful
  • Our babies are all healthy! What more could I really ask for?!

5 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, Emily! That is such a scary thing! But I will definitely add my prayers to everyone else. Faith is a strong tool. We'll be thinking of you guys often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is amazing that while nursing your where able to recognize it...I think I would have just thought it was a clogged duct or something. Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So optimistic even in the face of one of life's greatest challenges. You're the most positive person I know -- never let go of that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Emily, I had no idea! I saw that there was something going on from your posts on facebook but never imagined it was cancer...I'm guessing breast cancer. We will definitely be adding you to our prayers. Please keep us posted!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I marvel at how strong you are. So optimistic and wise in your perspective on it all! Praying for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete