Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Happy Birthday Jason

Today is a very special day! It's Jason's 29th birthday. Unfortunately he has to work and go to the dentist, but luckily in our home you get a whole "Birthday Week." So for the entire week Jason gets to pick what we watch on TV, eat his favorite meals... he gets whatever he wants! This has been quite an exciting year so here is a recap of some events during the past year of Jason's life.

For Halloween last year Ty and Dana came over then we went to a pumpkin patch, came home and carved pumpkins. Unfortunately we didn't realize how fast pumpkins rot so Jason's amazingly carved pumpkin didn't quite make it to Halloween. (don't you like how he even dressed for the occasion)!

As soon as Jason found out I was pregnant he was very adamant that he wanted to build the crib. I had my reservations and even tried to talk him out of it. I was definitely wrong on this occasion. After many hours of hard work Jason built the most beautiful and perfect crib for our daughter. It shouldn't have surprised me, Jason is seriously super guy and can do anything!

The birth of Emily "Katherine" Shehane. I'm going to go ahead and say this was the most life changing event for Jason in the past year or ever for that matter. He is such a wonderful Dad and supportive husband. He has gone beyond his duties as a Dad and was even understanding during my hormonal/If I don't sleep I'm going to die days. I would like to also point out that I never changed one diaper in the hospital! Jason was incredible from the second she was born.



I can't find our Father's Day pictures so here's one from Mother's Day

Jason taking Kate on her first hike

Jason spent a week in Korea for work and they had a little free time for sightseeing. This was his first time going there since his mission. It only took 10 years but he was finally able to use his Korean! They were all impressed with how well he spoke Korean. I am going to MAKE Jason do a blog on this trip so stay tuned for more Korean pictures.

Daddy's Girl! I took this picture last night. There aren't even words to describe what this picture means to me. I have a very good relationship with my Dad and when I found out I was pregnant (I knew it was a girl) I hoped that Jason and her would have a close relationship. Every night they have Daddy/Daughter time when Jason feeds her her solids and then gives her a bath and gets her ready for bed. We both read to her and say a prayer before laying her down but until I come up that is their time to spend together. He is such a loving Dad. Kate is very blessed to have Jason as her Dad.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JASON - I LOVE YOU

3 comments:

  1. Hmmm, looks like I'm 2 days late to wish Jason a Happy Birthday...But I will anyway! Happy Be-lated Birthday Jason! What is so convenient is that he gets a "Birthday Week", so that gives me a slight cushion :) I love that idea by the way...for a whole week! And, by the way, that was the sweetest blog post I have ever read. I love that picture of him and Kate...so precious. You truly have the most wonderful family. :)

    ReplyDelete