Monday, September 15, 2008

Too Much Too Fast


Jason is going to be a little busier now that he is doing boyscouts. He's putting his Eagle Scout skills to use. Maybe he'll even be able to use his entire closet full of camping/rope/repelling stuff. As I'm writing this he's reading the manual and is very excited to get started (it's quite cute). I need to get busy since I'm supposed to be sewing all his old patches/badges? onto his new shirt and sash.


Now back to Katherine. I like to think I am very good at keeping my emotions in check. I'm not one of those people who cry all the time. I cry when I'm sad, which is rare, and why would you ever cry because you're happy? That just doesn't make sense. Well, I had a breakdown moment when I went to get Kate up from her nap. Nothing unusual, but she did this cutest thing where she stretches her entire body and rubs her eyes then she spit out her pacifier and proceeded to talk in her highpitch baby voice like she had the most important story to tell, while giving me a huge smile in the process. I'm convinced if you had seen her you would have started to cry too and realized how grateful and blessed you are to have this amazing little baby girl.

I've been told these months are the most developmental milestones Katherine will achieve in such a short time period. But to see it is a-whole-nother thing. She's crawling, standing up on everything, standing by herself holding on to nothing for a few seconds (very weird to see), taking baby steps with her walker toy... And all this happened between 6-8 months. It's been a blink and you'll miss it couple of weeks. While her new abilities are exciting and fun to see it's also made it a tad more hectic around the house. I literally have to keep my eye on her at all times. Mainly because she tries to stand up on EVERYTHING. Even the wall will suffice. She then likes to find you to show off her new skill and most likely falls in the process, which would be fine except there are hard floors and sharp corners everywhere. Even the most mundane thing has now become a deadly object waiting to hurt my sweet baby.



Look Mom no hands!!!


Yes, I am the cutest thing ever and can stand up all by myself

Dancing (actually falling but it could be a dance move)

This is the walker Jason's Mom brought up, Kate's always trying to grab the camera so it's hard to get a good picture. Maybe later


Caught in the act


Luckily Jennifer was able to visit and watch Kate attempting her death defining stand all by herself like a big girl ability. She again gave Kate the cutest outfits I have ever seen. My almost 8 month daughter is way better dressed than me!




















I've already started thinking about Kate's Halloween costume. My dilemma is I really want to do the pumpkin but I have an issue with it being the lame, everyone's done that costume. I know it shouldn't matter; we're not going anywhere, she'll wear it for maybe an hour, might not even wear it all if it annoys her... but I do care and am completely willing to waste the money on a costume for a 9 month old.

1 comment:

  1. I have never in my life seen a baby prettier than Katherine! I've been reading your blog for awhile and decided to finally comment. I'm jealous of your perfect family :) Maybe you can send some of it my way. I'm more than ready to have a baby (still need to convince one other person though) :)
    Love you

    ReplyDelete