Friday, September 26, 2008

I Sound Old

I had a very annoying moment. My vacuum caught on fire! This wouldn’t be too big of a deal except in 3.5 years of marriage this was vacuum number 3. We have a ton of carpet in our home and Kate’s crawling now, which means any tiny little minuscule thing on the floor will end up in her mouth.

Vacuum #1 – I brought from my college days. Didn’t last long.
Vacuum #2 – Quit on me for no reason, I promise I’m not a jinx. After this we decided we were done with cheap Walmart vacuums and we were going to upgrade to a fancy Target vacuum.
Vacuum #3 – Fancy Target vacuum that burst into flames

The only thing left to do was buy the amazing, fabulous, swanky…. DYSON vacuum.

I am in love with my new vacuum! Even Jason vacuums for fun now. It is insane how much dirt is on our floors. You can actually see what you vacuum up. I’ve decided Dyson did this purposely to psychologically hook you on their vacuum. I can even vacuum our stairs without falling to my death. The best part is that it vacuums all floors, so I can also use it in our kitchen and foyer. Every single person who enters my home receives a demonstration of this fantastic vacuum.

When our old vacuum roared to life it would send poor Kate into a panic. Her eyes would open wide, her lips would quiver, then she would cry like I was hurting her. The Dyson, fortunately, doesn’t sound like a jet engine and actually intrigues Kate. She’ll crawl around the room trying to catch this fantastic new contraction.

Dyson really should pay me for all this publicity

2 comments:

  1. Cute pictures!! I'm glad you have a good vacuum now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got the animal one and love it. We may have to find a big farm for our baby b/c he sheds all over the place and his bred isn't suppose to shed! But I'm still obsessed with my Dyson and tell everyone to buy it. We really are old. (atleast you have a baby - you've accomplished a lot for your age!)

    ReplyDelete