Thursday, May 14, 2009

Barefoot in the Park - Mother's Day

Mother’s Day started with Jason waking Katherine and feeding her breakfast so I could have extra time to get ready for church. While I was putting on my make-up Kate came walking in all by herself holding a card up with both hands and brought it straight to me. It was so incredibly cute! That’s her new thing now (she loves handing things to people). It may sound simple but really it’s adorable and shows how grown up she is now.

Church was nice and involved eating lots of chocolate and ice cream sundaes. After, we went to downtown Duluth with my parents. They were having an arts festival with entertainment. It was Kate’s perfect place because everyone brought their dogs and would let Kate gently pet them. Plus, we got to see little ballerinas dance and then watch Kate dance to a jazz band.

I was also treated with my two favorite meals that day; pancakes for lunch and teriyaki chicken with rice for dinner. All made by Jason and he even cleaned the kitchen!

I was reading a blog where mom's were complaining about Mother’s Day. I can’t imagine why because I love Mother’s Day and really look forward to my special day :) And we're going to celebrate Mother's Day with my Mom next weekend when my sister comes in town.




Daddy/Daughter Walk


She would smile until the camera came up then she would put on her serious face


Dancing with Grandma


The best part of the whole day




On our way to church

3 comments:

  1. Happy Mother's Day Emily! Can you believe this is your second mother's day? I promise not to be a mom who complains about mother's day! I love Katherine's dress. Where did you get it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is seriously just the cutest thing ever! Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh she is like a little girl! When did she get that big? And all that hair! So cute!

    ReplyDelete