Thursday, March 11, 2010

Last Project For Awhile

Here is a bookcase I built to match the crib I made before Kate was born.  I was supposed to finish it a long time ago as a birthday present for Emily, but instead it took a year and a half to finish (keep in mind there were stretches of 4-6 months that I didn’t work on it), but I finally finished it while Emily and Kate went on a trip one weekend to visit her family in Tennessee.  Emily may debate on whether the wait was worth it or not, but either way I had fun making it.
IMAG0087
I used the same materials I used for the crib, poplar with birch bead board.  This is it before it is painted.
IMAG0088
I made the curve at the top to match the crib exactly, and added wooden rope accents on the sides.  The crib curve is below (it’s a picture of when I made it)
 Crib
IMAG0089
I did a simple mitered trim at the base.
And here it is all finished:
P1030085
IMAG0090
So with the new baby coming any day now, this will probably be my last wood project for some time.  At any rate I've got to think of something cool to build before I can start on a new project.

4 comments:

  1. It was definitely worth the wait, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jason is one talented guy! Baby Kate's hair is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Jason, we are so impressed! Way to go! The crib AND the bookshelf look amazing. Do you take orders? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, it's so pretty! Is this for the new baby's room?

    ReplyDelete