Monday, June 3, 2013

Bane of My Existence

I have to drink these 2 massive bottles of contrast (barium sulfate) every time I have a CT scan. Just writing about this is making me nauseous. I don't think this picture fully shows how big these bottles are. I try a different flavor each time and so far I will say they all taste like thick medicine/chalk. The first one I drink a few hours before the scan. It takes some effort but I get it down pretty well. By the time I'm drinking the second one it takes everything I have to keep it down! They also give you an IV of contrast during the scan too. It's crazy because you can feel this really warm sensation going through your body. It's hard to explain. The best part is the actual scan. It only takes a couple of minutes and is over so quick!

I had my first scan since finishing chemo and surgery. Everything looked good! There was one little thing I had to follow up on with an ultrasound but everything's fine and more importantly there's no sign of cancer! I'm sure I'll always feel anxiety around scan time but I'm glad my doctors are keeping a close eye on me.


I laughed so hard when my friend pointed out that it's actually a creamy vanilla smoothie! 

No comments:

Post a Comment