Monday, July 21, 2008

Independence Day and Pool Time

For the 4th of July I ran the Peachtree Road Race. I've run it the past 7 years except for last year when I was pregnant. It was my sister and Dad's thing until she started living all over the world and I had to take her place. This was the first year that I actually ran the whole thing! I am not a runner at all and always had to walk some. It took us forever b/c we went really slow (a speed walker could have kept up with us)!

That night we managed to go out and watch fireworks-Ty and Dana found the best spot for firework watching.
We thought Kate would freak out since she hates loud noises. Instead she watched them for a little bit while Jason held her, turned her head into Jason's chest, then fell asleep. She even slept during the finale. Jason had to poke her to make sure she was okay. How can someone who startles when the door creaks or Jason hiccups sleep during fireworks???
The night before we took Kate to the St. Ives pool. We're not sure if she likes the pool or is indifferent to the whole idea. She loves taking a bath so we thought this would be like a huge bathtub to her. She seems to enjoy baths more (maybe it's because that's her Daddy/Daughter time) She looks so cute in her bathing suit - I LOVE IT!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I love your blog! Katherine is growing so fast...she's precious! Now we can be blog-buddies...don't worry we will be blog-stalking you, lol!

    ReplyDelete