Wednesday, July 23, 2008

MOUNTAIN TRIP

My parents friends have a vacation home in Cashiers, NC so Ty, Dana, Jason, Katherine and I spent the weekend there. We turned it into a mini vacation. I absolutely love NC and if we ever have to leave GA (which hopefully won't happen) I would like to live there. The 4 of us used to do weekend trips all the time and this was our first one since Katherine was born.



The first waterfall we went to had an amazing view but we couldn't get very close to the waterfall. I had a backpack that was loaded up with everything imaginable. Katherine makes hiking a little more complicated. For such a tiny little things she sure needs a lot! Though she does make everything more fun!
She loves being outside and being carried around. She's such a happy baby (especially when she's had her naps)! She is just too adorable!!!

Katherine's first real hike! Jason did a very good job of hiking with her and protecting her from any bees. I wouldn't even consider carrying her since I'm so clumsy and did slip a couple of times and would have completely fallen if Ty hadn't been helping Dana and me. Kate is going to be a very adventures child if we keep this up!

We found instructions to a hidden waterfall. They literally told us to drive down some random road with no street sign, find a bend in the road, and then listen for a waterfall. I have no idea how we managed to find this place. The directions said there wasn't a trail and they were right. We decided we were going to blaze our own trail, with a baby! Aren't we just the best parents :)


Our only group picture! We tried to get one at the other waterfall but whenever you ask a stranger to take a picture they always seem to be incompetent. We used the timer here and I still can't believe we're all in the picture.


Jason got in the freezing cold water that Kate wanted nothing to do with. I love this picture of Ty and Dana







At the end of the hike Kate was worn out and ended up falling asleep like this while we were hiking back. She is such a sweet baby!



We had a lot of fun in the mountains and it was definitely worth going!

Kate also had her 6 mont birthday so I thought I would add these because this is her favorite thing to do now that she's a pro at sitting up. I think she gets cuter, sweeter, funnier.... everyday!

3 comments:

  1. You guys are sooooo cute! My goodness! "Most Adorable Family" award! I wish we knew that you guys liked hiking before. We wanted to hike Tallulah Falls and we thought about inviting you but figured Katherine couldn't come...man, were we wrong! She's such a perfect hiker :D We'll have to take a rain check for when we visit next. Those are such beautiful pictures! I love that you guys found a "secret waterful"...that's so storybookish! We're really going to miss you guys! :( At least now we can stalk you! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you guys had so much fun. Dana told me how beautiful the waterfalls were and she was right! I wish we could hang out with you guys too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man, wish we could have gone with you guys. That waterfall is amazing! How beautiful! And since Jason is Kate's dad, I always suspected she might be a little on the adventurous side. Just wait till she's old enough to rapel!

    ReplyDelete