Wednesday, July 9, 2008

JUNE

Two major things happened over the past month and a half - I turned 26 and Katherine learned a new trick!!!! So I'm getting closer to 30 and my tiny little baby is growing up. On her 5month birthday Jason and I were putting her to bed when Jason had propped her up and she was sitting by herself. I freaked out and ran and got the camera while Jason was like "what is this a big deal or something?"

Of course she could barely sit up and had to hold herself by putting her hands on the floor. Since she was 2 months old she has hated laying on her back. It even got to the point where she didn't like her
bouncer or carseat b/c she was reclined. She would lay on her back and do crunches trying so hard to sit up. We got her a Bumbo which worked really great until she decided she had that mastered and would try to stand up in it. The other week I decided to practice sitting up with her (mainly just putting her there and trying to balance her).










All of a sudden she was sitting up all by herself like a big girl. It just happened, there was no gradual process! At first she would loose her balance and faceplant. It was kind of pitiful b/c she would lay there and rub her face in the carpet or roll over and try so hard to sit up. By that afternoon she could sit by herself and play!













It's great b/c she'll entertain herself for awhile but I'm sad that she's growing up so fast. She's not even 6 months and she's growing too fast for me, I don't know how I'm going to handle it when she actually grows up!

Other things did happen over the past few weeks:







My sister came home to visit in between her trips to Croatia and Budapest. Don't they look like CA girls in their bohemian dresses?! Jennifer got Katherine the cutest outfits!



















My cousins and Aunt came to visit too. The other baby is 2 weeks younger than Kate. She is surrounded by boys on both sides of the family, so she's either going to turn into a big tomboy or be left out a lot! At least she has some girl cousins even if they are older.



We spent a couple weekends on the boat in Columbus. Kate and I rode around while Jason went wakeboarding and helped the kids go tubing.

3 comments:

  1. She is so BIG! I can't believe she's sitting up already. We really need to come over soon. Glad you found the video. Was that talking or was she being tortured? :) Love the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Emily, I just found your blog. I love the pictures of Kate. I can't believe she's sitting up on her own! That's crazy. Austin is just a month behind Kate, I can't picture him doing that. That just makes them not seem like infants anymore. Where does the time go? Love you blog, you have a darling family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know, I was so taken back when she started sitting by herself! That means Austin will be 6 months soon!!!

    ReplyDelete