Sunday, January 22, 2012

Katherine’s Birthday Week–Princess Party

Day 5:
This year Kate really wanted a princess party and she wanted to have actual friends come to her party. We’ve only done family stuff before so I wasn’t sure about the whole party thing, but she was quite persistent. I told her we could have a very small party with 4 little girls since she was 4 years old. I had fun decorating for the party and Kate thanked me the night before for all her pretty decorations. Grandma, Granddad, MeeMaw, PawPaw, Jenny, Brian, Ty and Dana came and her little friends were Hadley, Audrey, Laralyn and Ava. Our niece Sarah came too and helped out with the little girls painting their crowns and painting their nails.

When the kids first got here I had them paint and sticker crowns. Then we had lunch: heart shaped PB&J, fruit, goldfish, and veggies. After lunch they played a little with Kate’s dollhouse then we had cake and opened presents from her friends. I had goody bags for the other girls so they would have something to open while Kate opened her presents. (She opened family presents after the girls left). Then we dug for treasure in two large bowls filled with rice. They closed their eyes and dug until they found a treasure,  a necklace or a ring. Lastly, we painted nails and watched a Disney Princess sing-a-long movie until their nails dried and they left.
Kate is still thanking me for her party and talking about how fun it was. I’m glad she enjoyed the day. Even though I did a low key party with not many kids it was still a lot of work. We will never be those people who have large, elaborate (aka expensive) parties and probably won’t even do one every year. But I will be sure to make her “birthday week” special every year!

Picnik collage
DSC_1245e
DSC_1248e
DSC_1243e
DSC_1251e
Picnik collage2

10

No comments:

Post a Comment