Friday, October 14, 2011

Irony and a Rant

I used to love Glee, watched it all the time. Then it slowly started to change. I completely banned it after the sex education episode where they claim kids who choose abstinence in high school must be frigid and lame. Then those in the celibacy club are of course so dumb and naïve that when it’s their turn to promote abstinence they choose “Afternoon Delight” to sing.

However, I decided to give it another chance the other night because honestly, I kinda missed it.  Well what do you have? Singing a girl power song while dressed like a stripper. Anyone see the irony? Thanks Glee for getting the message across… You know that girls are only fun to watch and useful when they’re scantly clad and dancing like a stripper. I mean, it definitely can’t be their minds or their message, that would just be crazy. I find it quite frustrating how few decent female characters there are on tv and in movies. Team Emma Watson all the way!



I should explain that my problem isn’t that all tv shows should be old fashioned wholesome cheesy shows. I mean we watch Dexter! My problem is when a show claims to be a family show and its target audience is children/teenagers and then is completely inappropriate. Ever watched the Family Channel? Then you know exactly what I’m talking about!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you! I loved this post. I don't watch Glee but I totally agree and have noticed this lately. And about ABC Family, The Secret Life of the American Teenager totally bugs me. I have to admit that I haven't watched that one either but there have been multiple teen pregnancies on it and I'm not sure that should be on the family channel. Maybe I'm a little up tight but when I think of a what a family channel should be, I think of rated-G/PG type stuff. I also don't think Lady Gaga gyrating and simulating oral sex on stage at American Idol is appropriate either. What is wrong with these people?

    ReplyDelete